When you become a homeowner, the sad truth is, sooner or later you’re going to find yourself in a situation where you’ll need professional plumbing services. From a leaking pipe to a faulty water heater, there are many components that make up our plumbing systems, meaning there are various parts that could malfunction. When you’re faced with a plumbing emergency, no matter how big or how small, you need reliable plumbers you can trust! That’s why here at Swick Home Services, we provide quality plumbing solutions to our clients with affordable rates and 24-hour emergency service to assist you when you need it most.
We are proud to offer the following plumbing solutions:
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Sewer Line Repairs
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposals
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Repair
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Hydro Jetting Services
- Sewer Camera Inspection
- Sump Pump Repair & Replacement
Looking to avoid major emergency plumbing services? Keep your pipes in the best shape possible with professional drain cleaning.
What Are Common Plumbing Issues?
No issue is more nerve-wracking in your home than experiencing plumbing malfunctions that offset your daily routine and complicate your home’s relationship with water. Some of the most common plumbing issues that we treat daily include:
- Leaking Faucets - Leaking faucets are one of the most common issues you’ll find in a residential or commercial home. Not only is it a nuisance but it can also significantly impact your water bill. Most leaking faucets are caused by internal components that have become worn and torn over the years.
- Clogged Toilets - Clogged toilets are so common that it’s hard to meet an individual that has never experienced one. Blockages in toilet drains are usually caused by factors such as the flushing of non-flushable items, hard water deposits, excessive use of toilet paper, and so on. They can usually be treated with a plunger but in rare cases, a blockage might be deeper than a plunger can reach. If that’s the case, it’s important to schedule professional toilet repair services right away.
- Faulty Water Heater - When your water heater malfunctions, the result can be the dreaded absence of hot water. This interferes with your ability to wash, clean, and simply relax without having to worry about your family’s access to hot water. Water heaters can malfunction as they get past fifteen years of age, have an internal leak, or a faulty thermostat. If you are experiencing water heater troubles, call us and find out about our water heater repair and maintenance services.
- Leaky/Burst Pipes - Leaky pipes have been afflicting households for years. Most common in the winter, pipes can leak or burst when old or frozen during frigid temperatures. If you are experiencing leaking or burst pipes, give us a call and learn more about our pipe repair services.
- Sewage Backup - Sewage backup occurs when the flow of water is reversed, oftentimes contaminating the water supply with waste, pollutants, and other harmful substances. In order to prevent this from happening, backflow preventers are absolutely necessary. It’s also essential to have annual inspections so an expert can test for backflow issues.
The Importance of Working With a Trained Plumber
While DIY projects are a fun way to get crafty and save money, you should never attempt a plumbing job by yourself. A properly trained plumber knows the do’s and don’ts of plumbing catastrophes and they know how to avoid causing further damage, saving you time and money. At Swick Home Services, we are your experienced, licensed, and insured plumbing contractors for the Marquette area.
With over 40 years of local experience, highly qualified contractors, and 24-hour availability, we’re there when you need us most. Whether it’s a simple plumbing issue like a clogged toilet or a massive emergency, you can count on us to provide you with personalized solutions that won’t break the bank.
Dealing with an emergency situation? Quick, call Swick! We’re available 24/7, providing you with emergency solutions for all your home needs.
Call Us Today
If you’re experiencing plumbing troubles in your Marquette home, you’ve come to the right place! Since 1977, Swick Home Services has been providing quality plumbing services to homeowners when they need it most. From a running toilet to a broken water heater thermostat, we’re your one-stop shop for all of your plumbing needs.
Called out for no water from the newly installed phyn system. System is having software issues. We where unable to diagnose on sight. Will have to get another tech whos more familiar with the system to help
Upon arrival, Lisa told me that she was notified that her water bill is higher than usual. She did the food coloring test in the tank and determined which toilet had the issue. I determined the fill valve on tank was bad and could hold the float up to stop it from running. However while holding it, water was still slowly draining into tank. I determined flush tower also had a slow leak. We discussed options for solving the issue and Lisa decided to replace the toilet. Her toilet was dated 1975. I installed a new Kohler comfort height elongated toilet. New toilet was operating great and there were no leaks when work was finished. I then performed flush and fill on 10 year old Bradford White electric water heater. I inspected elements and found them to be at 12.4 and 12.8 ohms. They are both within operating range but on the low end. Lisa also has an electric water heater timer in the closet. It sounds like a loud clock. The stops on it have already been removed so water heater will no
Installation of 60,000 BTU single stage 96 percent efficient furnace with t6 thermostat. this option will provide necessary heat for the home and make the home livable
I was called out to James home today to do a six month checkup. Upon arrival James explained with the old furnace the ducts were loud and when we installed the new furnace it was better for awhile but now it’s loud again. We did a inspection on the furnace and couldn’t recreate the noise. While on site I noticed the tankless water heater by the furnace and it hasn’t been descaled. It’s recommended to descale once a year. I also recommend replacing the filter on the furnace.
For this job I performed maintenance on a Weil Mclain ultra 155 boiler. Unit is functioning properly at this time. Would recommend adding boiler inhibitor and magna clean filter to help extend life and prevent issues in future