No one understands the significant damage a burst pipe can cause until it happens to them. It’s important to seek emergency repair or installation services immediately in order to prevent costly damage. At Swick Home Services, we are your reliable burst pipe repair experts. Whether it’s caused by freezing or general wear and tear, you can count on us for fast and reliable services throughout the Marquette area.
Get a step ahead of burst pipes with ongoing drain cleaning services.
Has a Pipe Burst in Your Home? Act Quickly!
If not taken care of urgently, a burst pipe can lead to severe water damage in your home which may then result in structural damage. When pipes burst, gallons of water can quickly begin to flood your home leaving you with irreversible damage and a costly repair job. The first thing you should always do when you experience the plumbing emergency is shut off the main water valve immediately.
This will stop the flow of water into your home, preventing significant property damage. If you’re unsure where your water shutoff valve is, give us a call and we may able to help you locate it over the phone.
From there, you can count on our plumbing contractors to locate the rupture in the pipe, finding you a repair solution to restore the flow of water to your home in a timely manner.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
There are many culprits behind a burst pipe. Knowing what those are, is a great way to prevent the issue in the future. Some of the most common causes are:
- Frigid Winter Temperatures: If you are a Michigan resident, you’re aware of how brutal our winters can be. Not only are we affected by the freezing temperatures, but our pipes are affected as well. Freezing water can put great stress on our pipes causing them to burst.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots, like all of nature, do their own thing regardless of what you have going on. When tree roots expand under and around our homes, underground pipes are susceptible to interference resulting in a broken pipe.
- Aged Pipes: Just like anything else, our pipes begin to break down over time. All of the pressure over the years can seriously take a toll, resulting in corrosion and deterioration.
- Clogged Pipes: When our pipes become clogged with debris, the water has nowhere else to go. The excessive pressure can result in cracks in our pipes leading to leaks and severe water damage.
- Ruptured Pipe: Pipes may collapse due to environmental changes or construction. Stress around your pipe systems can cause the soil to shift around to the point that the increased weight upon your pipes forces it to give in and collapse.
If your plumbing is already susceptible to breakage, your best bet is to prevent the issue altogether. With a whole home repiping you can add value and protect your home!
Our Burst Pipe Repair Process
When you need plumbing repair in Marquette, call the knowledgeable experts here at Swick Home Services! We know how to take care of the most common culprits of burst pipes and we will find and repair problems as quickly and thoroughly as possible. We’re also available for maintenance service to keep pipes from bursting in the future. We do everything from concept to clean up so never hesitate to give us a call and find out how our repair services can benefit you!
A frozen pipe is an emergency situation. When you need us most, we’ll be there to help you, 24/7!