If you’re a homeowner then you most likely have dealt with clogged drains at some point in time. The frustration behind clogged drains is enough to drive any homeowner crazy, which is why timely drain cleaning and clogged drain repair is essential. While some homeowners may try their hand at a DIY solution, in many cases this can make the situation worse.
Instead of dealing with the stress, work with the most trusted plumbing contractors in Marquette. Swick Home Services has been helping homeowners in the area for over 40 years. With our expert drain cleaning services, we get to the root of your problem the first time around, ensuring you get a long-term solution that restores the functionality of your plumbing in no time!
If clogs are a constant issue in your home, you may be dealing with something deeper in your plumbing system. Ask your technician about our sewer line camera inspection services today!
How Clogged Drains Affect Your Home
Clogged drains can be a serious problem when not addressed in a timely manner. If left unaddressed, clogged drains can lead to burst pipes and severe water damage. Not only are clogged drains inconvenient, but they can also lead to other issues throughout your home. Some of the side effects of a clogged drain include:
- Leaks - Clogged pipes are not only a nuisance, but they can also be a water damage risk as well. When our pipes are clogged, the water has nowhere else to resulting in burst pipes or leaks and in severe cases, flooding.
- Bad Odor/Dirty Water - Clogged pipes can be a breeding ground for bacteria and other nasty debris. If you notice a foul smell coming from your water supply, it may be time for drain cleaning services.
- Backup - As stated above, clogged pipes mean that the water has nowhere else to go. In some instances, the buildup can be so bad that water actually comes back up through the drains. This is can impose a huge health risk so it’s important to call a professional plumber if this ever occurs.
- Strange Noises - One of the most common ways to know if you’re dealing with clogged pipes is if you notice a strange gurgling noise coming from your drains. That is a sure way to know that your pipes are clogged.
Whether you’re dealing with some of these issues or all of them, getting immediate attention in your home is the best solution to prevent further damage.
What Causes Clogs?
No one enjoys having clogged pipes so, in order to prevent them, you have to know what causes them in the first place. Some of the most common causes behind clogged drains include:
- Clogs From Hair: Many people use their showers for daily activities such as washing hair or shaving. However, few people think about the effect all of that hair can have on our drainage systems. Excess hair clumps together making it harder for our pipes to properly drain.
- What We Flush: Many people unknowingly flush items down the toilets that aren’t meant to be flushed. Toilets are only made to drain toilet paper, human waste, and not much else. Avoid flushing items such as feminine products, baby wipes, and any other items that are “unflushable.”
- Tree Roots: When mother nature gets her mind on something, very seldom is there a way to sway her otherwise. When trees or other plants are planted close to our homes, our drainage systems become at risk for interference from tree roots which can cause cracks and leaks in our pipes.
- Garbage Disposal Misuse: Our garbage disposals are often misused and abused getting bombarded with large pieces of food, cooking utensils, and other harmful debris.
Need help with that kitchen plumbing? Be sure to ask our staff how upgrading your garbage disposal can help combat clogged sinks.
Our Drain Cleaning Process
Here at Swick Home Services, our knowledgeable plumbers are dedicated to providing quality drain cleaning and clogged drain repair services to the greater Marquette area. Our team of experts provides long-lasting solutions by locating the source of the blockage, removing it with the use of tools such as an auger or snake, and inspecting your plumbing to ensure all blocks are removed.