Hot water is something we take for granted but something no one would want to be without. For Marquette homeowners with traditional water heaters, however, running out of hot water or paying high costs can sometimes feel like the norm. Luckily, there’s a better way, and Swick Home Services can help. As your reliable tankless water heater installation experts, we can help you upgrade your water heating system, gaining access to a limitless supply of hot water, on demand!
Sticking with your traditional water heater? We can help with that too! Ask our plumbers about our water heater repair and maintenance services.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
To understand how tankless water heaters work, it’s helpful to know how traditional water heaters generate hot water. In a traditional water heater, there is a large tank that holds the water flowing into it from your plumbing system. Using either gas or electric power, the tank heats the water in order to maintain a preset temperature.
This system is continuously on a steady cycle, even when you’re not using it. Tankless units avoid this energy loss by using a heating mechanism that heats the water only as you need it, awarding them the name “on demand" water heaters.
A tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger, which transfers heat from one source to another, to raise the temperature to your desired setting. Depending on your unit’s power source, the exchanger transfers heat generated by electric coils or a gas-fired burner to your home’s water supply. The exchanger is only activated when you turn on your hot water.
The Benefits of a Tankless System
Tankless water heaters are a great investment for anyone looking to save money while also reducing their carbon footprint. Although the initial installation costs are more than a traditional water heater system, the benefits of a tankless unit outweigh any of the costs.
- Longer Life - While traditional water heaters tend to have an average life span of up to ten years, tankless units are known to have double the life of their counterpart.
- No Leaks - With the absence of a 50-gallon tank, comes the absence of the risk for leaks and flooding.
- Constant Hot Water - Tankless hot water heaters will never run out of hot water no matter how many people in your household are using it. This eliminates the frustration behind cold showers and having to wait for a whole tank to reheat.
- Energy Efficient - As mentioned above, tankless water heater systems only work when you need them. This means you no longer have to worry about paying for your water to heat even while your family is sleeping and not using it.
- Space Conserver - If you have a storage tank water heater, you know how annoying it can be to have valuable storage space taken up by a bulky water heater. With a tankless unit, you no longer have to worry about it and you can use your storage space for how it was intended.
Want to add even more comfort to your bathroom? Be sure to ask our staff about our bathroom remodeling services today!
Expert Installation With Swick Home Services
Tankless water heaters are one of those innovations that you can’t imagine life before their existence. Due to its long life span and the many benefits on the environment, tankless water heaters are becoming increasingly popular in households and commercial spaces worldwide. At Swick Home Services, we provide tankless water heater repair and installation services to the greater Marquette area.
Established in 1977, we can knowledgeably cater to all of your tankless water heater needs and provide you with long-lasting, personalized solutions.