If your furnace is operating properly, you most likely don’t give it much thought or attention. It’s often not until our furnace fails us that we appreciate just how much we depend on them to keep us warm during the frigid winter conditions Michigan is known for. When your furnace begins malfunctioning and a quick repair isn’t an option, a furnace replacement may be just what you need! At Swick Home Services provides top furnace installation services adding value and comfort to your home!
Want to keep your old furnace running as long as possible? Be sure to ask about our furnace maintenance and repair services today!
Why Replace Your Old System
Furnace malfunctions can be caused by a variety of different factors. Regardless of the culprit, when it happens to you, it is essential to address the problem right away to avoid further damage down the road. Here are a few indicators that it’s time to replace your old system and invest in furnace replacement services.
- Old Age: Furnaces have a life expectancy of up to fifteen years. The problem is, the older a furnace gets, the more repairs it’s liable to need. In order to avoid excessive repair costs, it’s often best to invest in a new furnace.
- Abnormal Noises: If your furnace is emitting strange noises you’ve never heard before, something has gone wrong. Rattling noises usually signal loose internal components while screeching can indicate that there is an issue with the blower motor. If you experience any alarming noises, give us a call and we can assess the issue.
- Uneven Heat Distribution: Older furnaces struggle to deliver heat to each room evenly. The result is hot and cold spots in your home.
- High Energy Bill: When a furnace isn’t working to its best abilities, it consumes more energy than it should just to stay on. If you notice a sudden spike in your energy bill, a faulty furnace may be the culprit.
Looking for a heating alternative that works in every season? Be sure to ask our heating contractors about heat pumps, and whether they’re the right option for your home.
How to Find the Right Unit for Your Home
There are various furnaces available on the market today. Regardless of your budget, fuel preference, and home type, there is a unit that is perfect for you. Here are a few guidelines when it comes to choosing the right unit for your home.
- Budget: When it comes to choosing the perfect furnace for your home, budget plays a small role. Gas furnaces tend to cost more than oil units, however, they are more efficient which will save you money in the long run. If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, an oil furnace may be the best option for you.
- Fuel Type: Furnaces can be powered by different fuels such as coal and fuel oil, but the most common fuel source is natural gas. If a gas unit is not an option for you, oil is your next best option. Though electric furnaces are cheaper to purchase and install, they cost a lot more to operate.
- Efficiency: AFUE stands for annual fuel utilization and is how efficiency is measured. The higher the number, the better the efficiency. Oil furnaces tend to boast AFUE ratings between 60-80% while gas furnaces can get up to 98%. If efficiency is something that matters to you, you may want to consider investing in a gas furnace.
Why Choose Us
Swick Home Services has been providing quality HVAC services to the Upper Peninsula since 1977. Our furnace contractors are the best in the city, which is why we guarantee 100% satisfaction every time! If you’re thinking about investing in a new furnace or you’re curious about which type is the right fit for you, just give us a call. We do our best to personalize all our services to your specific needs, and always work within your budget to find the right solutions.