One factor of our daily lives that we often forget is a modern-day luxury is our AC systems. We tend not to think about just how reliant we are on our cooling systems to do their jobs, that is, however, until the dreaded hot summer day that our systems fail us arrives. When you experience issues with your AC, call Swick Home Services. As the most reliable AC contractors in the greater Marquette area, we can take care of your cooling needs, restoring your home to comfortable conditions, while also keeping your system in the best shape possible!
Looking to completely upgrade your cooling system? Be sure to ask about our air conditioner replacement services, and determine if it’s the right choice for your home.
Signs Your AC System Needs Repairs
There are various signs to be on the lookout for if you suspect that your air conditioning system is experiencing malfunctions. Some of the telltale signs it’s time for an air conditioning repair service include:
- Insufficient Airflow: When an AC is broken, it has a harder time doing its primary job - cooling your home. Poor airflow throughout your home is a sure way to know that an issue is present.
- Foul Odors: There are many reasons your AC unit may be emitting a foul odor. Some common culprits behind odd smells include trapped debris and bacteria. If you notice a burning smell coming from the unit, there may be an electrical issue present and it’s important to call trained experts to assess the smell.
- High Electricity Bill: The older your AC unit is, the harder it has to work to do its job. However, if you notice a sudden spike in your electricity bill, a deteriorating AC unit may be the culprit.
- Strange Noises: Other than the normal whirring sound your AC unit may make, there really shouldn’t be any noise coming from your system. So if you begin to experience loud screeching or banging noises coming from the unit, that can be a signal that a larger issue is at hand and should be inspected immediately.
- Leaking Unit: Pooled water or a visible leak is a vital sign that your cooling system isn’t running properly. If this happens, you should give us a call right away as leaks can quickly damage your home and may even lead to serious structural issues.
Generally, the first place Marquette homeowners will notice an issue with their air conditioner is in the electric bill. While it’s common for costs to spike in the summer months, extreme fluctuations in costs are never a good thing. If you suspect something’s wrong with your AC, be sure to call our experts today!
The Benefits of Ongoing Maintenance
Many people fail to realize just how important ongoing air conditioning maintenance is. However, there are many benefits of servicing your air conditioning regularly. Some of these benefits include:
- Energy Efficiency: Regular maintenance on your air conditioning system will ensure that the unit runs more efficiently. Factors such as clogged air filters and dirty condenser coils make your cooling system work a lot harder than it has to, increasing energy use and ultimately, your electric bill.
- Improved Air Quality: Dust, bacteria, and other debris easily become trapped in our air filters which are then circulated throughout your home. Not only does this significantly decrease the overall cleanliness of your home, but it also imposes health risks as dust is a common culprit for allergies and other illnesses.
- Money Saver: Most people don’t even think about their AC units until they begin malfunctioning and they are faced with a hefty repair bill. By keeping up with routine maintenance, you can avoid any surprises down the road and ensure your system is always working as it should.
Not sure if we are right for the job? Check out what our past customers have to say about us in our reviews page!
Why Choose Us
Here at Swick Home Services, we have been providing quality service to our clients since 1977. With our upfront pricing, 24/7 emergency and support, and our apples to apple price match guarantee must be within Marquette County, we’re the team you can trust!