During those frigid winter temperatures, your family relies on a properly functioning heater to keep them warm and safe. So when your old heater becomes inoperable, it’s important to invest in a new heating system as soon as possible! Our knowledgable experts here at Swick Home Services understand the urgency behind a malfunctioning heating system which is why we provide 24/7 emergency services to clients all around the greater Marquette area. From choosing the right system to getting it installed, you can count on our heating contractors for the best services around.
Looking to extend the lifespan of your current heater? Be sure to schedule ongoing heater maintenance with our pros today!
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Heater
There are many reasons a heater may need to be replaced instead of repaired. Most of our clients decide that they are ready to upgrade their unit when they notice that more money is going into repairs than the cost of a whole new replacement heating system. In any event, Swick Home services can help!
Some of the signs that it’s time to replace your old heating system include:
- Constant Repairs: As stated above, many customers know it’s time to invest in a new heating system when they realize that they’re spending more money paying for repairs than the total cost of a replacement. Even if your repairs are half the cost of a new system, you will be saving money in the long run by installing a new system.
- Energy Efficiency: The older your heating system is, the more energy it consumes to do its job. Every year, new energy efficient models hit the market requiring even less energy than the last. If you’re looking for ways to use less energy, a new heating system is the right choice for you.
- Getting Up There In Age: Traditional heating systems tend to have a life expectancy of about 15-20 years. If your heater is approaching its last years, we strongly advise replacing it with a new system in order to avoid repair costs down the road.
- Inadequate Heat: If your home is experiencing inadequate or uneven heat in certain rooms, it could be a sign that your system is need of repair or replacement.
- Natural Gas Smell: If your heater is emitting a natural gas smell, that is a dangerous sign that a leak is present. You should call an HVAC professional right away as a leaking heater can be extremely hazardous.
While repairs are always a preference for homeowners, at some point the cost for service can outweigh the cost of a new system. Work with our heating contractors to determine what’s right for your home.
Choosing the Right System for Your Home
With so many heating options out on the market today, it can be overwhelming deciding on which system is the right choice for your home. At Swick Home Services, we make the entire process simple, by helping you choose the best system for your budget and home needs. Not all heaters are created equal, which is why it’s important to get a system that will properly heat your home.
It’s important to keep things in mind like energy efficiency and heating power. You want to be sure your new heater can properly regulate temperature based on the square footage inside your home. This is why working with our staff makes things simpler. We help you choose a system based on your home needs.
Want to upgrade to a more energy efficient heating system? Ask our staff whether a heat pump installation is the right choice for your home.
Why Choose Us
Swick Home Services has been providing quality HVAC services to clients all over the greater Marquette area since 1977. Our trained experts can quickly diagnose any HVAC problem and get to the root of the problem. Whether you need heater installation and replacement service or you just need a quick repair, we’ll be there to help.