We would all like to think that the water coming from our tap is clean and filtered, but that may not always be the case. Having a water filtration system installed is the best way to assure your home's water is at its best quality. Choosing the best water filtration system for your home is also important. Luckily there are different options to choose from that will work with any home and budget. At Swick Home Services, we have the experience needed to help you make the best decision for your home’s water. From your budget to your water quality, our water filtration system services are custom-tailored to your home needs, keeping your satisfaction high and your comfort even higher.
Poor water quality can also damage your appliances. If your water heater needs replacing, be sure to ask our plumbers for help.
What Kinds of Water Filtrations Systems Are There?
Getting to know how different water filtration systems work is an important step in making the right choice for you and your family. Below we have given you a few different types of systems, and how they work to keep your water filtered.
- Reverse Osmosis - In the case of a reverse osmosis water treatment, the impurities in the water are forced out using pressure. The pressure forces the water molecules through a membrane which filters out any contaminants.
- Charcoal - Charcoal water filters (or carbon filtering) is done by filtering the water through a bed of activated charcoal (carbon). The charcoal uses chemical absorption to remove any contaminants from the water.
- UV Water Filters - In this case, water is filtered by ultraviolet light. The UV light acts as a germicide removing any harmful impurities that may be in your water.
- Water Softeners - Ideal for homes that have hard water concerns, water softeners use ionized salt beads to break down the mineral content in your water, leaving you with a soft and safe water supply.
Finding the right water filtration system for installation starts by understanding your water quality. At Swick Home Services, we offer water quality testing which can help you make the right decision for your home needs.
What Are the Benefits of Water Filtration?
Choosing the right water filtration system can depend on where you live, your budget, and your home. Regardless of what type of system you choose, all of them have great benefits.
- Better Drinking Water - Having a whole house water filtration system in place will greatly improve the taste of your tap water. It will also reduce the risk of any bacteria that could potentially make you ill.
- Removing Lead - Another great benefit of having a water filtration system in place is the reduction of lead in your water. Lead can cause many serious health risks including birth defects.
- Cost Efficient - Though the initial cost of a whole house water filtration system installation can be slightly more than a bottle of water, over time the cost will pay for itself. No longer having to purchase bottled water, and low water filter costs can save you a substantial amount.
- Healthy Lifestyle - Drinking clean filtered water can help you fight off illness and disease. Research shows that drinking filtered water can improve your immune system thus boosting your ability to avoid the flu, colds, and germs.
Now that your water quality is improved, be sure your comfort continues to be at the forefront with bathroom remodeling services.
Look to the Water Quality Experts
As a homeowner, one of the best decisions you can make is having a whole house water filtration system installed. At Swick Home Services, we understand the importance of quality services, and always go the extra mile to provide you with a personalized solution. From concept to clean up, we can find the right filtration system for you, install it, and keep it maintained, ensuring that your plumbing and health are protected.