We know that plumbing emergencies can happen anytime. Whether it’s a burst pipe caused by freezing temperatures or a clogged toilet that’s not overflowing into your home, you can count on our plumbing contractors for help. As the most trusted plumbing company in the Negaunee area, we’ve been helping homeowners like you make quick work of their most complex issues. Our staff is available 24/7, offers affordable services, and always goes the extra mile to provide you with long-lasting care you can count on.
Want to know more about our past work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from our happy customers.
Signs You Have a Plumbing Emergency
Sometimes you’re not sure whether or not it’s time to call a plumber. However, when you’re dealing with a plumbing emergency, time is of the essence. Some of the more common indicators there’s a plumbing emergency in your home include:
- You Smell Sulfur – Smelling sulfur could mean a variety of things, but one of the worst things is sewage. If the smell is due to sewage, it could mean one of two things: your sewer’s backed up or your sewer pipe is broken beneath the house. To be safe, you want to call a plumber right away.
- You Hear Water Running Through Your Pipes - If you haven’t turned on a faucet, just taken a shower or just flushed the toilet, you shouldn’t be hearing running water in your pipes. The water that’s running through your pipes when the water’s not being used might mean you have a leak. Look at your water meter. If it’s spinning, chances are you have a leak.
- You Have Frozen Pipes - Pipes that are frozen are a huge problem when it comes to plumbing. Freezing temperatures, which are common in Negaunee, could put a strain on your plumbing that leads to a burst pipe. At the first sign of trouble, it’s important to call for help.
Plumbing emergencies are considered emergencies, because of the damage they can cause in your home. Whether that’s water damage or electrical failures caused by contact with water, you want to be sure you get immediate attention. At Swick Home Services, we’re available 24/7, helping mitigate major issues.
What Cause Clogged Drains?
In terms of plumbing issues, a clogged drain may not seem like a huge deal, but if it’s left unrepaired, it can lead to further plumbing issues. The more you know about what causes clogs, the better you can be at preventing them. Some of these trouble materials include:
- Coffee grounds
These are just some of the things that you should never put down your drain or into your garbage disposal. Otherwise, you may have a clogged drain that needs a professional to care for. Luckily, if you do have a blocked drain, we offer expert drain cleaning services as well.
Want to keep your plumbing costs down? Be sure to visit our coupons page for some added savings on your next service.
Replacing Your Old Water Heater
Replacing your water heaters may be an unforeseen expense, but in some instances, repairs just won’t cut it anymore. Consider replacing your water heater if:
- It’s Old – Water heaters only last 10 years. If you’ve had it longer, it’s time to get a new one.
- You Don’t Have Hot Water – If your water isn’t hot, it’s not doing its job.
- You have Rusty Water – If your water looks rusty, your water heater might be rusting inside.
- It’s Noisy – Your water heater shouldn’t be noisy. If it is, it’s time to get a new one.
At Swick home Services, we do our best to help you find the ideal water heater solution for your home. If repairs are a possibility, we’ll always offer it as our first choice, along with maintenance to help prevent the issues in the first place. If, however, repairs are no longer an option, you can count on us to provide you with expert water heater installation services. We offer traditional and tankless options, giving you personalized solutions for your home needs.
When it comes to plumbing issues in the Negaunee area, Swick Home Services is here to help. As your most trusted plumbing company, we always offer quality services, 24/7 support, apples to apples price match must be within Marquette County, and expert solutions backed by 40 years of experience.
for Negaunee, MI
Allan - Negaunee, MI
Excellent and very knowledgeable!!
Brenda - Negaunee, MI
What a friendly knowledgeable guy! He went over everything and explained exactly what he did and left his card in case we have any problems.
Chris - Negaunee, MI
Both times Adam has provided Swick services to or home, he as provided quality service professionally and personably. His services are efficient and he explains in “layman’s” terms what he has done. From a customers perspective he is an asset to your organization.
Amazing service, great staff.
Danielle - Negaunee, MI
It was very easy to schedule with Kayla. Bruce was my technician. He checked all the areas I had in question and let me add on other areas to the appointment while he was here. He worked fast and efficiently. Bruce took the time to show me the work after and make sure it was up to my standards. I appreciated all he did and the time he took with me. 100% recommend his service.
Very responsive, problem solved
Anthony - Negaunee, MI
Have an in floor heating system, pumps started making terrible grinding noises and heat eventually stopped working. Swick was prompt and very professional, had to get parts ordered but were able to do the actual repairs in about a half days time
Working on a bathroom remodel project in Negaunee
Repair / relight water heater